The Planning department is responsible for:
- Severance processing and approval;
- Plan of subdivision and condominium processing and approval;
- Processing and approval of amendments to the County Official Plan;
- Approval of amendments to Township Official Plans;
- Providing planning services to local Townships;
- Providing planning advice to County Council;
Please note that building permits are issued by the local Township.
Cost of applications
See the Planning department's fee schedule for an up to date list of fees for our services. The cost of the application process can vary by application type. You can expect other costs not listed in the fee schedule for supporting studies, public agency review, surveying, legal agreements, peer review and other supporting materials.
The County has a Mandatory Pre-Consultation By-Law. Before you submit an application to amend the County Official Plan, or an application for a plan of subdivision or condominium, you must meet with us to discuss the proposal.
The County has a Development Charges By-Law. Your local Township collects these fees at the time of building permit application. Development charges are fees that help pay for the cost of infrastructure and services to new development, such as roads, water and sewer infrastructure, community centres, and emergency services and facilities.
Population and households