Peterborough County's economy and community is deeply rooted in the agriculture sector. With over 100,000 hectares of prime agricultural land, and programming at Fleming College and Trent University that focuses on sustainable agriculture, food systems, as well as culinary management, the region is set to continue to lead the way into the future of agriculture.
Peterborough Economic Development's team of experts are there to help at every stage of business growth from the idea stage to start-up to expansion. Their agri-food services include:
- Business Development assistance
- Assistance with incentive program and funding options
- Define property and building site requirements/location
- Business planning and development support for entrepreneurs
- Youth business startup and expansion support through Starter Company
There are many local groups focused on the agricultural community in Peterborough County: