A list of active planning applications that have been submitted to the County of Peterborough can be found on our Planning Notices page.

Alternatively, you can use the Planning Applications Dashboard. You can use this tool to locate applications in your neighbourhood or Township, review reports and plans submitted and provide feedback.

This site will be updated monthly and will show only those applications that are in process, are draft approved (subdivisions and condominiums only) or have been appealed. 

Check back regularly for updates. Planning staff make every effort to post new information on development applications through the links above as the information becomes available, however, some delays may occur. 

If you have an inquiry about a particular application - whether it is on this site or not - please contact planning@ptbocounty.ca




 Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why do some applications have a link to a notice where I can find more information and others do not?

A. There could be one of several reasons for this. Notices for severance (consent) applications are not posted individually for each application; they are usually batched, or posted in bulk, with several other severance applications and only for a short period of time. Subdivision applications and Official Plan Amendments with no link to a notice may be older and pre-date the County's use of the website for posting notices. 


Q. How can I find out more information or details about a specific application?

A. Please contact the Planning Department directly by emailing planning@ptbocounty.ca or calling the office at 705-743-0380. Your inquiry will be directed to the appropriate staff member. When contacting us it is helpful to know the file number, Township and/or municipal address of the property that is the subject of the application. 


Q. What do I do if I know of an application that is being processed that isn't shown?

A. Updates to the dashboard are only done once a month, so the application may just not have been available at the most recent update and will be shown on the next one. Please check back regularly. 

It may also be the case that the application was submitted to the Township and not the County. The applications shown are only those that are submitted to the County. Official Plan Amendments in the Townships of Cavan Monaghan, Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, Otonabee-South Monaghan and Trent Lakes are submitted to and processed by the Townships. All Zoning By-Law Amendments and Minor Variances are submitted to the Township; the County does not process these types of applications.