An Official Plan Amendment (OPA) is an application process that can change policies and/or land use designations in an Official Plan. OPA's can apply to a single property, or to an entire area, Township or County.

County OPA process

Before submitting an application, you must meet with us to discuss the proposal, the application process, required fees, and the studies needed to support the Official Plan Amendment application.  To set up this meeting please fill out the Pre-Consultation Request Form and submit it to the Planning department.  Staff contact information can be found on the last page of the form.

After the meeting, the Planning department will send you a meeting summary and list of studies that is needed to deem the application for Official Plan Amendment complete.  It is mandatory that all applications, plans, studies, agreements and fees be submitted together and may include:

Amendments to Township Plans

Contact the Township directly if you want to amend the Official Plan for one of the following Townships:

For all other Townships, follow the County OPA process.


Call the Planning department at 705-743-0380 (toll-free 1-800-710-9586) or email us at to learn more about OPA's, to arrange a meeting to talk about your proposal, or to find the status of an OPA on file.

Frequently Asked Questions